Set The Tone
Prevention is better than cure!
Set the Tone is an easy to use exfoliant and toner that helps prevent and control breakouts on face, body, backs and bottoms. An all over spritz, it is designed for full body use and hard to reach places for the prevention and treatment of acne, oily skin, ingrown hairs, folliculitis, whiteheads and more. Salicylic Acid (AHA) and Lactic Acid (BHA) help dissolve dead skin, bacteria and excess oils associated with acne, bacne, keratosis pilaris, whiteheads and other inflammatory skin conditions. Cooling camphor helps relieve irritated skin and leaves the body clean and refreshed.
Who is this for?
For all ages, genders and skin types with a focus on those people with acneic and oily skin. A refreshing spritz, Set the Tone is perfect for after a sweaty workout, post shaving and waxing. Great for busy teens and the whole family to share.
When to use
- Post Waxing, Sugaring and Shaving
- After cleansing as a toner
- Post sweaty workout
- After use of public hot tubs and swimming pools
Net wt 5 fl. oz. (150 ml.)
Use daily on areas of concern.
- Spray evenly, not too close to the face and allow to dry
- For better results, spray on damp skin and allow to dry
- Keep away from eyes
Smooth Remove Improve
- Water (Aqua)
- Butylene Glycol – Texture enhancer. Stops things from clumping. Adds to the glide of the product. Helps retain moisture so good for dry, acenic skin. Lactic Acid
- Salicylic Acid – BHA – Acne – Exfoliant is a Salicin, formed with Salicin is metabolized. It is considered to have aspirin-like, anti-inflammatory properties and is a popular ingredient in acne treatment formulas. Salicylic Acid is one of several beta hydroxy acids, and works as a keratolytic by exfoliating the skin, “causing the cells of the epidermis to shed more readily, preventing pores from clogging up, and allowing room for new cell growth” (Wikipedia).It is considered especially effective because of its ability to penetrate the follicle, clearing the pores of debris at a deeper level and reducing blockage and in turn, acne flare ups and breakouts, according to Acne.About.com. According to CosmeticsCop.com, citing an articles entitled “Preservatives in Cosmetics,” it also has antimicrobial properties. It is also well documented that salicylic acid can improve skin thickness, barrier functions, and collagen production.
Is able to penetrate the follicle/pore to push out stubborn debris.
- Lactic Acid – AHA –
Alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) extracted from milk, although most forms used in cosmetics are synthetic because that form is easier to formulate with and stabilize. In a pH-correct formula (generally a product would have a pH between 3 and 4) and in concentrations between 5 and 12%, lactic acid exfoliates on the surface of skin by breaking down the material that holds dead skin together, allowing it to shed naturally as it once did. Lactic acid may cause sensitivity, although this isn’t common and can be minimized, if not eliminated, if the formulation contains soothing ingredients.Lactic acid also has hydrating properties and, like glycolic acid (another AHA), helps brighten an uneven skin tone.One of the most popular alpha hydroxy acids(AHAs) in skin care today, marketed as a powerful ingredient that helps reduce acne breakouts and the appearance of wrinkles and other signs of aging. … Lactic acid may exfoliate your skin, but over time, it could lead to increased aging due to sun damage.
Strips dead skin off of the skin, allows Salicylic to do it’s job!
- Camphor – helps with irritation. Camphor has a wide variety of topical uses due to its antibacterial, antifungal, and anti-inflammatory properties. It can be used to treat skin conditions, improve respiratory function, and relieve pain. Continue reading to learn more about the different uses for camphor and its supporting scientific evidence.Camphor (Cinnamomum camphora) is a terpene (organic compound) that’s commonly used in creams, ointments, and lotions. Camphor oil is the oil extracted from the wood of camphor trees and processed by steam distillation. It can be used topically to relieve pain, irritation, and itching. Camphor is also used to relieve chest congestion and inflammatory conditions.
- Phenoxyethanol – synthentic preservative. Wildly used.
- Dehydroacetic Acid – Preservative, Low amounts considered safe. Preservative, stablilzer.